In production since 1984, this low-cost design has sold more than 200 000 units
in Southern Africa. The valve is:
- Compact (size 165 by 65 by 130 mm open)
- Robust (+60°C down to -7°C, UV, acid, corrosion & lime resistant)
- Simple (one moving part is the short lever float)
- Flexible (in 3 colour-coded pressure ratings, High, Low and eXtra low)
- Friendly (easy to install, minimal maintenance)
- Adaptable (multiple valves can be installed on a T or H configuration)
Cattle, horse, sheep, dog watering troughs, poultry watering systems, storage and header tanks,
air conditioning and heating water storage, koi and fish ponds, water features and fountains,
side-inlet toilet cisterns, irrigation, swimming pools, pharmaceutical and veterinary etc.
Valve Life – The life of a valve should be 10 to 20 years if connected
according to the installation instructions supplied and given protection against animal hooves.
Guarantee - 10 Years. Replacement is at the factory and at our discretion.
In 15 years we have replaced only 14 seals, 2 floats and 3 faulty batches of rotating seals!
Spares are obtainable, but the whole valve might as well be replaced. There is no scrap value.
Compliance – The "Aqua-Brooks" valve complies with JASWIC standards.
Both a High and Low pressure valve complied when tested by SABS (SABS 752/2000).
The valves are regularly subjected to impact and torque testing. Every float is tested
in water before installation.